Add lemon pieces to any dish that needs a kick of lemon and salt - seafood, chicken, etc.
Note: If refrigerated and packed tightly, Preserved Lemons should keep for months
- whole lemons (about 8)
- kosher salt
- juice of 2 lemons
- Wash lemons well
- Place whole lemons in boiling water for about 1 minute
- Remove lemons from boiling water and put them in an ice bath to stop them from cooking
- Remove from ice bath and cut off bottom of all lemons
- Quarter each lemon 2/3 of the way down from top to bottom (do not cut all the way through)
- Sprinkle kosher salt into each lemon
- Pack lemons tightly into a mason jar or other container
- Squeeze the lemon juice of 2 lemons over the packed lemons
- Refrigerate for 1 week.