Carving a Tomato Rose
- 1 tomato (firm in texture)
- sprig of fresh mint for "leaves"
- With a sharp paring knife, cut a wedge 3/4 of the way into the bottom of the tomato (this will seve as the platform for the rose)
- Continue to peel a strip of skin, keeping the peel as thin as possible (the length of the peel will determine the size of the rose)
- Lay out the peel, skin side down, with the base away from you
- Dry your hands and begin to roll up the peel to the base
- Use your fingers to gently separate the "petals"
- Transfer the tomato rose to a plate and finish off with some sprigs of mint "leaves"