Mexican Wedding Cookies
Yield: 18-24 Cookies
- 8 oz unsalted butter
- ½ cup confectioners sugar + extra for coating after baking
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour seasoned with ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, or almonds)
- small bowl of water
- small ice cream scoop
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Cream the butter with the sugar
- Add vanilla extract and mix till incorporated, then add seasoned flour
- Mix well on low and then add the finely chopped nuts. Mix till dough is firm.
- Wet a small scoop with water and scoop out mixture. Round off the dough with your finger. Place on a parchment-lined pan and bake at 350º degrees for about 15 minutes or until cookies just start to color but not getting browned.
- Let cool, then roll in powdered sugar